- Pain Reduction
- Helping the Body to Heal Itself
- Emotional Body Memory Release
- Wellness Maintenance
We see clients at our home office in Rockville, Maryland. Please note that the home office is 10 steps below ground level with two steps up at the entrance.
- Download Your Client Information Form by clicking
- Purchase a session appointment by clicking here.
- Connect to our appointment calendar to make an appointment by clicking here:
The session begins with a discussion of a bit
of the life history of the client. This assists the practitioner
in determining the direction the healing session may take.
The client is asked some basic health and treatment information
to find any contraindications to Reiki. The practitioner then
asks the client for any goals he or she may have for the session.
Next, the client is encouraged to get comfortable
by loosening clothing or removing shoes and jewelry. The client
lies first on his or her back on a Reiki table fully-clothed.
The practitioner places his hands lightly on or just above
the body, usually starting at the head and working down towards
the feet. The session is usually conducted with relaxing music
and also may incorporate additional healing sounds, if desired
by the client.
Once the energy is flowing smoothly at the front
of the body, the client usually is encouraged to roll over
and the healing continues on the back.
The client is encouraged to breathe deeply and
relax and often feels a sense of flowing heat, coolness or
- People who need to relax and get more balanced.
- People who wish to use Reiki to assist them
in their current course of medical or psychological treatment.
- People open to complementary or alternative
- People who are working on developing their
own wellness and not looking for a "magic pill"
to do the work for them.
- The client's "Inner Healer" or
immune system draws the energy into the energy field or
aura. This helps to eliminate energetic "blockages"
that are often one source of pain. With the cliearing of
these blockages, the client's full energy can be used for
achieving homeostasis or balance.
- Please note that Reiki is not a "cure"
for a particular medical or psychological problem. The session
simply gives an energy to support the client in his or her
own healing. We do not diagnose conditions or provide medical
or psychological treatment.
- Many clients report that they feel more relaxed
and balanced after a session, while also feeling a greater
sense of energy and well-being.
- One of the best ways to convince a skeptic
of this type of healing is to give a brief session and let
him or her judge for him or herself.
- Belief has little to do with the success
or failure of a treatment, however, the client must be willing
to accept the energy that is provided.
- Practitioners only provide energy to those
wishing to receive it. We do not "decide" for
a potential client whether or not the energy is needed.
The client is in control of the session at all times.
- Reiki is available from RCGW at our Center
or your location within 50 miles of Gaithersburg, Maryland
(for hands-on sessions) or any area (for distant).
- RCGW is the practice of David L. Gleekel, CRMT. He, his associates Reynold Pierre-Louis and Reshena Johnson, and his students participate in giving healings at Reiki
Shares and Reiki Student Clinics.
- All energy practitioners at RCGW have been trained in a variety of modalities and have had a minimum of 100 contact hours (most well in excess of that).
- Please see our Practitioner Bios below for a summary of our staff's training.
David did his B.A. in Linguistics in 1982
from the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin and
his Master of Business Administration in 1989 from The American University in Washington,
- David began his healing studies with a Crystal Healing
course with Lou Ciociola at the Institute for Spiritual Development
- He studied Shamanic Healing with Crystals from 2000 through 2005 with with Herb Stevenson, a Cherokee healer from
Chagrin Falls, Ohio.
- David began his Reiki training in March 1998 with an Usui Reiki I and II course with Liz Tarr,
an Essential Reiki student of Diane Stein.
- David became a Certified Usui Reiki Master/Teacher
in October 1998 with Marie Ciociola, an Independent Reiki
Master teaching in the Traditional Usui style in Brandywine,
- In August 2001, he became a Certified Healer
at the Institute for Spiritual Development in Washington,
- In November 2001, he became a Registered
Karuna Reiki (R) Master/Teacher with Laurelle Shanti Gaia,
the Director of Teaching Licensing for the International
Center for Reiki Training in Southfield, Michigan, student of William Rand. William Rand is the Director of
the International Center and had three Reiki Masters as
his teachers. Two of them were from the lineage of Iris
Ishikuro (the Independent lineage) and one of them was from
the lineage of Phyllis Lei Furomoto (the Traditional lineage).
- In June 2003, David became a Certified Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki
Master with Carole Wright. Carole is of the Traditional
Reiki lineage and trains SSR students at Special Treasures
in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- In July 2004, David studied Wolf Medicine
in the Shamanic Healing tradition of Herb Stevenson in Chagrin
Falls, Ohio. This showed how to utilize power animals in
- From October 2004 through May of 2005, David
was attuned to Lightarian Reiki levels I through IV by Mary
Ruth Van Landingham at Terra Christa in Vienna, Virginia.
This assisted him in using Ascended Master energy in doing
healing. He completed his Lightarian Reiki training with
a level V and VI class from Diane Ruth Shewmaker, Mary Ruth's teacher, and the originator of the Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki healing system.
- In July 2005, David attended a ONE Energy Therapy class taught by Mari Hall, the developer of that system and author of Practical Reiki. This is a touch-point system that can work parallel to Reiki to assist in balancing the meridians of the body.
- In March 2006, David attended Shoden/Okuden (Beginner/Advanced), and Shinpiden (Mystery) workshops in the Usui Reiki Ryoho system taught by Amy Rowland, the author of Traditional Reiki for Our Times. This system is the Reiki system that was originally developed by Dr. Mikao Usui as it is currently practiced in Japan.
- From August through November 2006, David received attunements and instruction in the Lightarian Rays (TM) from Lightarian Ray Facilitator and Reiki Master Eric Fang. The Rays include six attunements which assist students and clients in building their energy fields.
- Beginning in September 2006 , David attended a series of three SKHM workshops facilitated by Diane Ruth Shewmaker. He now uses this technique in sessions and as part of his SSR classes. He completed his SKHM Client Facilitation certification with Diane in October 2007.
- In October 2006, David attended a workshop with Amy Rowland in Reiki and Intuition. This workshop broadened the uses for Reiki to include Intuitive uses such as communication with the subconscious and descriptions on the aura or past lives.
- From June through August 2007, David received instruction and attunements in the Lightarian AngelLinks (TM) from Dolores Burrus.
- From 2006 through 2008, David received instruction in the Integrated Energy Therapy (R) technique with Diane Ruth Shewmaker. In February 2009, he completed his IET Master-Instructor training with Karen Puglia.
- In 2008, David received his Gendai Reiki training with Amy Rowland.
David Gleekel: Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesdays, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional other days by appointment.
Initial sessions usually take approximately two
hours to give you and the practitioner sufficient time to cover your
healing history and set the healing goals. Most ongoing sessions
last about 60 to 90 minutes.
- 45-minute "Reiki Student Clinic " sessions
at the Center, $20.00 ($5.00 for RCGW students)
- 60-minute "Brief" sessions at the Center, the cost will be $90 ($80 for RCGW students) for Associates or $95 for David Gleekel ($85 for RCGW students)
- 75-minute "Regular" sessions at the Center, the cost will be $110 ($100 for RCGW students) or $115 for David Gleekel ($110 for RCGW students)
- 90-minute "Full" sessions at the
Center, the cost will be $125.00 ($115.00 for RCGW students) or $135 for David Gleekel ($125 for RCGW students)
- 120-minute "Deep" sessions at the
Center, the cost will be $155.00 ($145 for RCGW students) or $175 for David Gleekel ($165 for RCGW students).
- Time for sessions over 120 minutes is the "deep session" price, with additional time charged
at $80 per hour.
- Travel sessions at your location up to two
hours, $175 plus 60 cents per mile roundtrip from Rockville,
- Sessions are also available in prepaid packages
of three at a 10% discount.
RCGW students receive a $10 discount on Reiki or Reiki Coaching
sessions on a per session basis.
- The above pricing is effective July 1, 2017 and may be changed without notice. If you need Reiki
healing services from the center, but have circumstances that create difficulty paying
the above rates, please contact us. We will try to find an option that is affordable for you.
If you would like to assist us in our Reiki
Angels (TM) program that helps us provide
low or no cost sessions, please
Please prepay for your first session at RCGW with a credit card by clicking here.
We have found that the effects from a Reiki session usually are
strongest during the seven to ten days immediately following the
session. Many clients come weekly while they are working on
a wellness improvement plan. Some clients choose to come monthly
to maintain their overall wellness or just to relieve tension.
If you elect to receive a Healing or Practitioner
Attunement, in addition to your session, the strongest effects
will be in the 21 days following the session. Attunements
are a type of session that "imprints" the Reiki
energy onto your chakras, allowing them to channel it at will.
They let you give yourself healing between sessions.
Please visit our Contact